mbo2010: OLE WALAUNET (The Batallion, Deride, Grimfist)
- by Eternal Terror
- Posted on 04-03-2011
1. What was your favorite album and/or metal moment of 2010?
– I really enjoy Motorheads "The World Is Yours". Killer songs with great Rock N`Roll attack!! Lets hope Lemmy will make it through a couple of more years and albums – this guy has still got the edge & attitude that many younger artists have lost years ago. Within the extreme metal genre I really enjoy Keep Of Kalessin’s "Reptilian". Great epic songs! Also Enslaved and Kvelertak released good stuff. There’re probably lots of other great releases, but I’m not too updated as I tend to listen to more classic Rock & Heavy Metal from the 70’s and 80’s.
2. What do you most look forward to for your band in 2011?
– The Batallion will start working on new music in early 2011. We’ll also do tours and gigs through the year. As Mr Bronson is moving to Oslo around April, it will be interesting to see how we’ll approach the songwriting and rehearsing. We’ve always been an old school band with writing the majority of the stuff together at the rehearsals. But it won’t be a huge problem, it just forces us to work a bit different which can be a healthy thing. Hopefully we’ll have a new album ready by the end of 2011 – we’ll see.
Deride is about to sign a deal with a German label, the new album is recorded and mixed. It’ll be released sometime in 2011. Looking forward to get the machinery going with these guys! We’ll start writing new music in early 2011. We’ve also been talking about doing another Grimfist album. But so far we haven’t found the right man to replace Frediablo. Other than that we plan to get our Thin Lizzy cover band up and going, called Lizzy Killers. A fun project with a bunch of drunken bastards from Ålebyen. We played at a party in mid December, which was really fun!
3. What’s your all time favorite concert you’ve attended personally?
– There’ve been some good ones over the years. But I remember the Pantera/Megadeth gig in ’92 (if I remember correctly) made a great impression on me. I did get to see Alice In Chains on the Dirt tour, in Manchester. Laney was bad ass! Slayer and Sepultura at Roskilde in ’96 were GREAT!