OBLI og OBI til HITS
HOLE IN THE SKY
Obituary and Obliteration
Event: Hole in the Sky – Bergen Metal Fest XI
Date: 25.08. – 28.08
Location: Bergen, Norway
It's a double O!
Hole in the Sky 2010 is already shaping up to be a massive event. We've previously announced legendary doom metal in the shape of British Cathedral and occult classic rock garnished progsters The Devil's Blood. That should make room for some well crafted old school and groove soaked death metal. Who would be better to represent that chapter in history than the masters of the art, Obituary themselves? With good help from Norway's own shooting stars, Obliteration, this calls for celebration.
The legends are back! These Floridians do not really need an introduction, being one of the leading lights of the US Death Metal explosion of the early 90s.Their latest album «Darkest Day» is business as usual; the inimitable Obituary-groove coupled with John Tardys inhuman death grunts. Obituary banged our heads mercilessly at Hole in the Sky 2005, and finally the time has come to invite them back – The End is Complete!
Norwegian Death Metal has been a somewhat overlooked concept in the annals of Nowegian Extreme Metal History, but the Oslo-scene has seen a resurgence of NDM as of late, with bands like Diskord, Execration and, of course, Obliteration leading the pack. Hailing from the same town as Darkthrone, these guys specialize in downtuned, Autopsy-ish death injected with an (un)healthy dose of Doom, and their most recent release «Nekropsalms» is already being rightfully hailed as a contemporary classic. Norwegian Death Metal lives.
THE DEVIL'S BLOOD (NL)
DEAD CONGREGATION (GR)
Hole in the Sky will take place the 25th – 28th of August 2010. All though beware of related activities around the official festival dates.
Tickets on sale via www.ticketmaster.no Phone: +47 815 33 133
See www.holeinthesky.no for updated information.
About the festival:
- Founded in memory of late Erik "Grim" Brødreskift (Immortal, Gorgoroth, Borknagar)
- First annual metal festival in Norway ever.
- All previous festivals completely sold out.
- Hailed as the one of the best metal events by journalists of Terrorizer and German Metal Hammer in their yearly poll.
- Achieved two-page spread, raving reviews in magazines such as Metal Hammer UK, Metal Hammer (Ger), Kerrang!, Terrorizer, Legacy.
- Previously headlined by bands such as Carcass(UK), Testament (US), Pentagram (US), Voivod (CA), Enslaved (N), Gorgoroth (N), Danzig (US), Celtic Frost(CH), Exodus (US),Morbid Angel (US), Sodom (D), Opeth (S), Napalm Death (UK), Mayhem, Obituary (US), Kreator (D), Immortal, Destruction (D), Paul Di'Anno (UK), Impaled Nazarene (Fin), Samael (CH) and Satyricon.